vSphere 6.0 is GA and Tintri announced support for vSphere 6.0, VVols and VMware Integrated Openstack along with a plugin for vRealize Operations (vROPs) at PEX this week. We also finished our FY in January and will be off to our Sales Kick Off next week. FY15 was a great year with tremendous growth and record QTRs for Tintri. Tintri continues to lead the way with a product designed from the grounds up for both Flash and Virtualization. With vSphere 6.0 we would bring all the goodness that customer’s love about VMstore to VVols including some of the key differentiators that would separate us from the pack –
- 99-100% IO from flash
- VM granular operations
- VM granular visibility and latency visualization
- Per VM/VVol analytics
- Automatics Per VM partitioning of Storage resources (Performance Reserves) based on the analytics
- QoS and Performance Fair share at a VM level (there are a lot more exciting things coming in this space. Stay Tuned for an update on this….)
- Latency Visualization across the infrastructure (Host, Network, Storage). We are going to add more to this in the coming weeks … stay tuned
- 1M VVols per VMstore
- With VVols implementation, a VM may need as low as 5 VVols and as high as 100s of VVols (with snapshot, clones etc.) and a 1000 VM install would require 10s of Thousands to 100s of thousands VVols.
- VM Granular Automation
- Ability to Manage, Monitor and analyze up to 112,000 VMs from a single pane of glass
The VVol race that the storage Vendors are starting now was won by Tintri four years back. If you would be evaluating VVols in the coming weeks/months, you should definitely read this blog here to understand what you should ask from your storage vendor when it comes to VVols.
Tintri from the beginning focused on using software to drive innovation and one of the key differentiators about the technology is its ability to deliver 99-100% IO from flash, which is driven by our software unlike all-flash vendors that use Brute Force to deliver performance. The advantage is that Tintri can address a broad spectrum of workloads at a very low cost.
What it means is that unlike an All-Flash solution where $/IOP is low and $/GB is high or a hybrid solution where $/IOP is high and $/GB is low, Tintri brings both $/GB and $/IOP at low levels without over depending on Space Savings (Dedup & Compression), therefore delivering a better $/workload at a very high density.
Our focus on Virtualization continues to help us differentiate and bring new Virtualization & Cloud Centric functionality faster to the market. The result is a platform that is 5-10x cheaper on CAPEX, 60x cheaper on OPEX and highly scalable.